Useful Information for Patients
Thank you for choosing to perform a home-based sleep study with our clinic. Our aim is to make your night’s sleep as normal and comfortable as possible. Our highly experienced staff will help you with all facets of this study.
1. The RSDC home based sleep service operates out of the following locations:
• Consulting Suite 2A, Knox Private Hospital, 262 Mountain Highway Wantirna.
• 719 Burwood Highway Ferntree Gully.
• Consulting Suite2, Epworth Camberwell 888 Toorak Rd Camberwell.
2. Please bring your Medicare Card to this appointment. This study also carries a fixed out-of-pocket fee.
3. You must bring, at a minimum, a t-shirt which you can wear to bed. Once all of the equipment has been attached to your body, it is not possible to change your t-shirt at all. You may change in to pyjama bottoms once at home. It is recommended taking shower prior to being set up and waring fresh clothes (not dirty).
4. Patients must minimise their movements once they are at home in the evening and take care when drinking and eating so as not to spill anything onto the device.
5. It is preferable that patients do not arrive to the set-up with make-up or nail polish on.
6. The recording device needs to be returned to either, RSDC Ferntree Gully or RSDC Knox Hospital the following day, before midday. On the day of set-up, you will be made aware the location the kit needs to be returned to.
7. If you detach the sleep study device or remove the cables and cause failing the sleep study report, you may need to pay the out of pocket fee to repeat the study. If the device stops working in the middle of the study, there won’t be any charge to repeat the test.
8. If you damage the device, you are responsible to pay the repair cost.
What to expect when you come to your appointment?
• The appointment usually lasts 30 minutes. A portable recording device is fitted to the patient’s torso, using bands placed on top of the patient’s t-shirt. Electrodes and sensors are placed on the patient’s head, shoulders and index finger.
• An explanation is given on how to take everything off again in the morning.